Good Shepherd was established in 1868. We will be celebrating our 150th anniversary in 2018! Watch this space for more information about our history.
Welcoming Church of the Advent, Pawtucket
In 2005 the Church of the Advent, an Episcopal Church located on lower Pawtucket Avenue, sold their building and merged into Good Shepherd. The funds from the sale of their property endowed our Advent Fund, which enables many of our outreach ministries. The merger was one of the most successful in the diocese, and today we are all simply “Good Shepherd.” The parish records from the Church of the Advent, such as baptismal and marriage registers, are at the University of Rhode Island Library Special Collections and Archives.